The American Massage and Bodyworks suggest that a massage session may include one or more of the following benefits:
- Reduce stress
- Reduce fatigue, therefore improve energy level
- Decrease depression and anxiety.
- Encourage relaxation of injured, tired and overused muscles
- Ease spasms and cramping
- Lower blood pressure
- Enhance sleep quality
- Improve concentration
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller
- Improve range of motion and joint flexibility
- Promote tissue regeneration/healing, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling
- Relieve headache or migraine pain
- Improve posture
- Decrease or alleviate low-back pain
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts
Swedish massage is best known for its effects of relaxing the body by using long gliding strokes that are performed to encourage blood to return to the heart. Swedish massage therapy goes beyond relaxation. It is very beneficial, especially when used in conjunction with physical therapy, because the increased level of oxygen in the blood, decreased muscle toxins, and improved circulation also aides in increased flexibility and mobility.
As you can see, there are many benefits that can result from getting a massage. Investing in frequent massage and bodywork can be very beneficial in your outcome from rehabilitation of health issues or injuries and your overall future wellness and lifestyle.
We have a massage therapist for all of your massage needs in the 34711 area!