This program is designed for individuals who are diagnosed with lymphedema or are suffering from chronic swelling in the arms, legs or other parts of the body due to venous insufficiency, trauma, radiation, infection, or surgery. Our specialized program consists of comprehensive evaluations along with gentle, state of the art, personalized treatment techniques. Our individualized education helps to increase awareness and understanding about lymphedema, prevention, and management of lymphedema or other chronic swelling disorders.
Benefits of Our Lymphedema Program:
- Treatment is safe, reliable, and non-invasive
- Proven to provide positive results for both primary and secondary lymphedema
- Improve physical appearance and quality of life
- Same day appointments
- Front door parking
- Fast, flexible scheduling while keeping you in mind
Start Seeing Results!:
This program has been successfully proven to reduce swelling in involved areas and prevent worsening of the swelling. Patients can see results within first 2 weeks of treatment.
Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT) performed by a certified lymphedema therapist. Treatment is divided into two phases: intensive treatment phase for optimal edema reduction, followed by the maintenance phase, which is continued by patient at home to maintain edema reduction.
- MANUAL LYMPH DRAINAGE- Gentle technique that stimulates and mimics the pumping of the lymphatic fluids.
- COMPRESSION BANDAGING- Short stretch bandages to further increase lymphatic drainage and prevent refilling.
- METICULOUS SKIN AND NAIL CARE- Decrease risk for infections such as cellulitis.
- THERAPEUTIC EXERCISE- Improve flow of lymphatic fluid.
- COMPRESSION GARMENT- Helps to maintain edema reduction
Does your swelling give you a CONSTANT DAILY REMINDER of a previous injury or life changing event? If so, WE can HELP! Chronic Swelling pain can limit one’s ability to perform the simplest normal activities of daily living.
What You Should Expect To Pay:
This physical therapy program is typically covered by your health insurance. We participate with most insurance plans. If you don’t have insurance or your insurance does not cover these treatments, you can take advantage of our 30% “immediate pay” discount. Payment plans are available for those who qualify.
Be Wary Of:
Seeking treatments with therapists who are not certified in lymphedema therapy. A certified lymphedema therapist has completed a minimum of 135 hours of specialized training.